Well, just like you can't choose your relatives, it is also a matter of luck if you get a good boss to work with. Very rarely if one gets lucky, one gets to choose a boss. But in any case, there are some Do's and Don'ts that should be kept in mind to have a good relationship with your immediate boss.
- It helps if your boss and you are compatible and think alike. Even if you don't, try and align your goals with your boss. It will go a long way!
- Needless to say, don't challenge your boss in public. If you disagree, which you will at some point or another, do put forward your opinion in the right manner and in the right circumstance.
- Never get into an ego battle with your boss, it is not worth it.
- Don't compare your caliber with that of your boss. He/She is your boss, not your peer!
- Do find sometime to genuinely appreciate what your boss does for you. Even bosses need appreciation.
Aditi Chopra is an experienced leader in the software industry.
She is a consultant, writer and a leader.
LinkedIn | Web | Twitter | Books