- Make an effort to understand, who is influential in your organization.
- You learn a lot about organizational politics at events outside of work. If you cannot make it to these events, at least make an effort to learn from an associate who did.
- Don’t play bad politics, it always comes back to bite you, sooner or later.
- Needless to say, avoid getting in conflict with those who are influential in your organization.
- Aligning your goals with the goals of others is always a good strategy.
Aditi Chopra is an experienced leader in the software industry.
She is a consultant, writer and a leader.
LinkedIn | Web | Twitter | Books